The zucchini harvest here at the Spindle Ranch is going gangbusters. I had been perusing the allrecipes.com website and came across this recipe for a pancake with a twist. This was a great breakfast pancake as it has the zucchini, onion, and my favorite, cheddar cheese. You could add any variation that you please with this recipe. Maybe add some green onion, or finely chopped jalapenos, or green peppers. Travel Man suggested this would be a great pancake to eat with a couple of fried eggs on the side.
With your next harvest of zucchini try out this scrumptious recipe.
- Mix zucchini, cheddar cheese, and onion together in a bowl.
- Stir eggs and biscuit mix into zucchini mixture until well combined.
- Heat vegetable oil on the griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup batter onto heated griddle.
- Cook until pancakes are browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
I did not take pictures when I made these, so my post is a little barren. But I wanted to share this recipe with you, because it’s almost like an omelette and biscuit on your plate at the same time. An easy, simple weekend breakfast kind of pancake. Enjoy!